Many data-driven systems are complex, in the sense that they exhibit interactions and behaviours that are very sensitive to their initial or environmental conditions. IDIR researchers are exploring how to build models of complex phenomena, combining techniques from network science, sensing, and machine learning, and trying to identify the next generation of approaches that can cope with large volumes, velocities, and variabilities of data.
- Success at the Undergraduate Awards (11/13/2015) - Congratulations to Aleksejs Sazonovs for winning the gold medal in the computer science category at this year’s Undergraduate Awards ceremony on Wednesday. Related Posts:A new stable state for epidemic dynamicsComplex systems book in progress
- Summer school on complex networks, 16-20May2016 (9/21/2015) - COMPLEX NETWORKS: THEORY, METHODS, AND APPLICATIONS (2nd edition) Lake Como School of Advanced Studies Villa del Grumello, Como, Italy 16-20 May 2016 http://ntmb.lakecomoschool.org/ Related Posts:Complex systems book in progressA new stable state for epidemic dynamics
- Summer of V’s: Complex networks, real data by Simon Dobson (5/25/2015) - Abstract and slides from Simon’s talk at the recent Summer of V’s workshop. Related Posts:Variety (event 1): Summer of V’s 2015Complex systems book in progressA new stable state for epidemic dynamics
- Complex systems book in progress (2/17/2015) - IDIR member Simon Dobson is writing a book on complex networks. Related Posts:A new stable state for epidemic dynamics
- SICSA Workshop on modelling and optimisation of real-world transportation problems (1/10/2015) - SICSA is running a workshop on real-world transport problems in Stirling on Friday 16 January 2015, at which we have a poster and talk. Related Posts:Complex systems book in progressA new stable state for epidemic dynamics
- Talk on complex networks (11/1/2014) - Simon Dobson will give a seminar on complex networks on Tuessday afternoon, 4 November, in the School of Computer Science. Related Posts:A new stable state for epidemic dynamics
- A new stable state for epidemic dynamics (8/21/2014) - We recently discovered a previously unknown stable state in the well-known Susceptible-Infected-Susceptible (SIS) model from theoretical epidemiology. Related Posts:Complex systems book in progress